VI International Competition of Bayan and Accordion Players
13 to 20 December 2015, Moscow, Russia
VI International Competition of bajan and accordion players is to be held in Moscow from 13 up to 20 December 2015.
It will be open to musicians aged not below 18 and not over 32 at the time of the Competition.
Condition of the competition
The Competition will be held in three rounds - two preliminary and the final. All three rounds are open to the public. The order of performances will be decided by drawing lots and kept to the end of the Competition.
The contestant is free to play on the bajan or accordion of any type, size, model except those equipped with electronics or amplifiers.
Participants of competition give copies of the unpublished musical material of the first and second rounds in duplicate at registration.
The Organizing Committee of the International Competition of bajan and accordion players will furnish them with the music for pieces to be performed in the third round. The music will be sent to the contestant after receiving from him the application for participation. Not more than 50% of the contestants are admitted to the second round.
Not more than 6 performers will be selected for the final round according to the largest quantity of marks as a result of the previous rounds.
In case of equal marks the winner will be chosen from the contestant that played all rounds of the Competition in memory. All those not admitted to the third round will be awarded with a certificates of honour.
The Organizing Committee of the International Competition of bajan and accordion players awards 3 prizes and 3 diplomas:
- 1-st prize - 200 000 rub.
- 2-st prize - 150 000 rub.
- 3-st prize - 100 000 rub.
- 1-st prize - 80 000 rub.
- 2-st prize - 50 000 rub.
- 3-st prize - 30 000 rub.
The Jury has the right:
- not to award one or more prizes and diplomas,
- to divide prizes and diplomas between candidates.
- to award special prizes.
All winners are obliged to participate free of charge in the concerts immediately following the Competition as part of their award (not more than two).
All contestants shall agree to have their performances recorded, filmed or broadcasted on radio or television anywhere in the worked. The Organizing Committee has the exclusive right to record all the rounds of the Competition on CD, audio and video cassettes.
Programme (academic music)
- One of the following works on the choice of the competitor:
- J.S.Bach - Prelude and Fugue from "WTC" vol.1 or 2 or
- D. Shostakovitch - Prelude and Fugue from the cycle "24 Preludes and Fugues"
- One piece from Tchaikovsky?s cycle of piano "The Seasons"
Duration of the program maximum 20 min.
- Own choice program including a complete original cyclic work (with minimum 2 parts). Duration of the program from 25 to 30 min.
- Efrem Podgaits: "Viva Voce", Concerto №2 for bayan and chamber orchestra, download sheet music
- Own choice program maximum 10 min (jazz, folk, pop, rock, tango, etc.)
- Own choice program maximum 15 min (jazz, folk, pop, rock, tango, etc.)
It is impossibile to repit pieses from 1rd Round
Download this doc Microsoft Office file to print out the competition application form
Applications deadline is October 15th, 2015.
Applications must be sent to the following address:
Russia 109240, Moscow, P.O. box 39, for Gataullin A.A.
Phone/Fax: +7 495 7712838 +7 495 6915864
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Applications must be sent to the following address E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents must be enclosed with the application:
- the copy passport (scan)
- certificate of musical education (copy);
- a brief curriculum vitae with particulars of training, awards and diplomas (resume);
- two recent professional references of a music organization, a music school or two prominent musicians;
- one recent glossy photographs with instrument.
- programme of the rounds.
Applications shall be typed or written in capital letters in Russian, English.
An entrance fee of 4 000 for foreign applicants is to be inserted to the Organizing Committee on arriving to the Competition.